ARSCLIST  September 2014

ARSCLIST September 2014

Re: NPR profile of Tennessee Park Ranger and Folklorist Bobby Fulcher

Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 8 Sep 2014 10:35:41 -0400

Thanks for the link, John.

The recordings they played were well made. I wish all would-be folklore and oral history collectors
would take 60 minutes to master the basics of field recording. So much interesting material has been
collected in such bad audio quality. I would suggest this should be a mission of ARSC, teaching
amateur recordists doing field work the basic techniques to capture reasonable fidelity.

-- Tom Fine