ARSCLIST  September 2014

ARSCLIST September 2014

Re: recording booths

Justin <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 21 Sep 2014 19:57:45 -0500

If you decide to go with a used re20 you will need to keep in mind that used units often suffer from a degradation of the internal foam that serves as part of the pop filtering system that these mics are known for. When the foam rots it destroys the capsule as well. Getting the capsule replaced from the manufacturer costs around $225.00. It is a very common problem with these microphones. I have owned two older examples of this model and it was an issue with both of them. Luckily they are still available new.

Sent from my iPhone