On behalf of ARSC, I'd like thank you for your participation in the ARSClist this year.
The collectors, archivists, engineers, scholars, and users of sound recordings who read and post to this list contribute to a valuable resource for the field.
On behalf of ARSC I'd like to invite you build on this contribution by becoming a member of ARSC in 2015. Membership is just $45 per calendar year for individuals and $20 for students and entitles you to the many member benefits noted below.
Membership in ARSC will enrich your work with historical sound recordings! But don't take my word for it-visit the ARSC YouTube Channel to view testimonials by ARSC members on this and other benefits of membership: https://www.youtube.com/user/arscaudio. Or visit the ARSC Member Benefits webpage to read more: http://www.arsc-audio.org/member-benefits.html
It is now time to become a member in ARSC for 2015!
Please join or renew online and pay securely by credit card or PayPal: www.arsc-audio.org/join.html<http://www.arsc-audio.org/join.html>. Or you may print and mail a membership form with payment: http://www.arsc-audio.org/pdf/ARSC_membership_application_form.pdf.
As an ARSC member, you will receive the following benefits:
* semiannual ARSC Journal, containing articles relating to recorded sound history and preservation, as well as discographies, reviews of books and sound recordings, and bibliographies of related articles in other publications
* three issues of the ARSC Newsletter, containing timely coverage of ARSC activities and including member advertisements and research announcements
* discounted registration for the ARSC conference and pre-conference workshop in Pittsburgh, PA in May 2015
* access to the ARSC Membership Directory, listing members' contact information, collecting areas, publications, and research interests
* access to sound recordings of conference sessions and workshops, 1998 to 2012, with 2013-2015 recordings available only to ARSC members
* eligibility to advertise goods and services in the ARSC Audio Preservation & Restoration Directory
* eligibility to participate in ARSC governance, committees, and chapters
ARSC is a non-profit organization, managed by volunteer members, that shares your serious interest in recorded sound collections. Please become a member today!
Executive Director, Association for Recorded Sound Collections
1299 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403
[log in to unmask]