BIBFRAME December 2014

Re: Events

"J. McRee Elrod" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 15 Dec 2014 12:53:46 -0800

>No, not all subjects are bf:events.

Of course not.  Sorry for not being clear.  I meant would the
distinction be lost for *event* (e.g. wars now coded as 650 or 651).
Or will label coincide with 6XX$a, ignoring subfields?

>610:  bf:subject bf:Organization

Even if the subject is an event such as the annual meeting or an
exhibition?  Only 610$a is an organization, not $b.

>611:  bf:subject bf:Meeting

So a meeting is not an event?  Is the point of distinguishing events
from other topics, to facilitate the event name being used for access
other than subject?

Since there is not distinctive MARC coding for events, I don't see how
crosswalks would work.