EDUCAT December 2014

Call for Authors

Joanne Steinberg <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 8 Dec 2014 10:37:41 -0600

Greetings!

We are inviting academic editorial contributors to *The SAGE Encyclopedia
of Big Data*. Big Data is affecting and will affect almost all fields of
study, from communications and media to criminology to philosophy,
business, government, transportation, energy, medicine, physics, and more.

As we explore Big Data in this encyclopedia, we objectively report on the
negative effects of loss of privacy, surveillance, and possible misuse of
data in trade-offs for security. On the other hand, it is Big Data that is
helping us to peer into the human genome for invaluable medical insights,
or to sweep across the universe, and better discover the every-day world
around us. Over 800 entries organized A-Z across 4 volumes are included in
the encyclopedia within the following categories:

Analytics and Visualization
Business and Industry
Data and Information Management
Economy and Finance
Education
Environment and Climate
Fundamentals
Geographic: Countries/Regions
Government and Organizations
Health and Medicine
Research
Societal Issues
Software (centered around functionality)

To be published by SAGE Reference in 2016, the encyclopedia will be
available in a choice of electronic or print formats. Each 1,000- to
5,000-word article will be signed by the contributor. This can be a notable
publication addition to your CV/resume and broaden your publishing credits.
In addition, SAGE Publications offers an honorarium ranging from SAGE book
credits for smaller articles up to a free set of the printed product for
contributions totaling 10,000 words or more.

The General Editors, who will be reviewing each submission to the project,
are Drs. Laurie A. Schintler and Connie L. McNeely, George Mason
University. We are currently making assignments with a deadline for
submissions of January 20, 2015.

The list of available articles is already prepared, and as a next step we
will e-mail you the Article List (Excel file) from which you can select
topics that best fit your expertise and interests. Additionally, Style and
Submission Guidelines and a sample article will be provided that detail
article specifications.

If you would like to contribute to building a truly outstanding reference
with The SAGE Encyclopedia of Big Data, please contact me by the e-mail
information below. Please provide your CV or a brief summary of your
academic/publishing credentials in related disciplines.

Thanks very much for your consideration.

Joanne Steinberg, Author Manager