Help for BIBFRAME Archives

BIBFRAME Archives

BIBFRAME@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

BIBFRAME Home

BIBFRAME  January 2015

BIBFRAME January 2015

Re: What will things and strings look like?

Mark Baker <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 23 Jan 2015 19:18:19 -0500

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Robert Sanderson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Intuitive and actually time saving interfaces are definitely needed to
> create good linked data.
>
> The most basic level would be type-ahead support against the labels of
> resources known to the system,

Right! I'm surprised nobody's mentioned LC's BIBFRAME editor in this context;

http://bibframe.org/tools/editor/

or our (Zepheira) take on it;

http://editor.bibframe.zepheira.com/static/

> but beyond that you would still need a way to
> determine which of the many "Ken Smith"s to use, if any.  Some smarts are
> needed to, for example, check that the dates are possible, that the domain
> is similar, and so forth to rank them appropriately.  Then it would need to
> present the known information about the people to the cataloguer so they can
> select one, or create a new entry.

That does seem a valuable path forward. Pull requests gratefully
accepted (or fork away!)