Help for PCCLIST Archives

PCCLIST Archives

PCCLIST@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

PCCLIST Home

PCCLIST  February 2015

PCCLIST February 2015

Re: Best practices in updating authority records

Gary L Strawn <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 26 Feb 2015 18:10:51 +0000

Similarly, if someone uses "U.S." in the 370 field, it should be changed to "United States" and subfield $2 added.  Whether "U.S." matches a qualifier, or not.

Gary L. Strawn, Authorities Librarian, etc.           Twitter: GaryLStrawn
Northwestern University Library, 1970 Campus Drive, Evanston IL 60208-2300
e-mail: [log in to unmask]   voice: 847/491-2788   fax: 847/491-8306
Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.       BatchCat version: 2008.22.409