Monospaced Font

ARSCLIST  March 2015

ARSCLIST March 2015

Re: Photo and negative preservation and digitization referral?

Paul Urbahns <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 22 Mar 2015 09:15:51 -0400

> Nikon used to make good scanners, but these have been off the market for
> several years. Cameras with a high enough sample rate are just beginning
> to appear.

Dox Cox makes a good point here that bothers me. Recently I contacted a
high school library and ask them to scan in a couple of pages from a high
school yearbook from the 1960s. They said they used to have scanners but
all had been removed from the school and they now use cameras. So I got
poor camera snaps. Not good. But it's a trend. Pretty soon they all use
cell phones and do away with cameras.

Paul Urbahns
Radcliff, Ky