ARSCLIST  March 2015

ARSCLIST March 2015

Re: Tape dubbing backwards?

Corey Bailey <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 9 Mar 2015 18:52:58 -0700

Hi Dave,

Technically, you are correct. However, it depends on the particular
deck. Some, like the Pioneer 1020Q that I use for 1/4", 4 channel dubs,
have a 4-channel play head that is closer to the 1/4Tr. format because
you could only record in the 1/4Tr. format. Therefore, crosstalk (which
would be a consideration for a Teac 3340, for example) was not such an
issue.

Besides, as I mentioned, I will only do this if I'm concerned that I may
only get one play from the tape involved. Otherwise, I have a Techinques
RS-1520 for 1/4Tr. playback

Cheers!

Corey
Corey Bailey Audio Engineering