ARSCLIST  March 2015

ARSCLIST March 2015

Re: Photographic capture of disc information

John Schroth <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 2 Mar 2015 18:33:34 -0500

Hello William

Interesting to read your workflow. Very well laid out. One suggestion.
You mention the difficulty in having the whole image area in focus. I
might suggest adding the diffuse lighting if you can find the budget.
Chances are the "aperture" in your DSLR is opening to a very low number
f-stop to let as much ambient light in as possible, for the correct
exposure. If you increase the exposure time, or add more light, you can
stop "down" to a higher number f-stop. The higher the number, the better
the depth of field and the more in focus everything will be in the
picture. You might already know this, but if you have not tried this, it
might be worth the time to experiment a bit.

Regards,

John Schroth

---