Monospaced Font

ARSCLIST  April 2015

ARSCLIST April 2015

Re: Pittsburgh's Stephen Foster Memorial Museum

DAVID BURNHAM <[log in to unmask]>

DAVID BURNHAM <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 29 Apr 2015 15:46:55 +0000

Is that the disc that has selections from "Showboat" on one side and Robeson's "Ol' Man River" on the other, conducted by Paul Whiteman?  I can't say absolutely that that recording doesn't have the "N" word, but I don't remember it being there, (I'm nowhere near my records at the moment).  There's also the Brunswick/Columbia album of "Showboat" selections which opens with Robeson singing "Ol' Man River" but I don't remember it there either.  Come to think of it, there's also a 10 inch version with Robeson backed with "Ah Still Suits Me", perhaps that's the one you're referring to.  In any case, when I get home from vacation, I want to find the one you're talking about because, like Steve, I thought Robeson avoided that word.
db