Monospaced Font

ARSCLIST  April 2015

ARSCLIST April 2015

Re: Elvis' 1st Recording Digitally Transferred at the Country Music Hall of Fame

Aaron Coe <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 16 Apr 2015 14:36:46 -0400

While I would love to have a go at restoring a hi-res copy of the flat transfer, it turns out there are only two vinyl releases planned:

The first is a 78RPM 10" vinyl “facsimile” release of the flat transfer, which will only be available at select independent shops this Saturday for Record Store Day. They are even going as far as recreating the inverted Prisonaires label (!) for this “facsimile” that can be seen on the Third Man Instagram account: https://instagram.com/p/1T1-cGjhYx/

The second will be a 45RPM 7” vinyl release of a restored version later this year.

-Aaron
http://cuttingcorporation.com