Monospaced Font

ARSCLIST  April 2015

ARSCLIST April 2015

Re: Does the digital era herald the end of history?

"Richard L. Hess" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 27 Apr 2015 15:48:35 -0400

This is interesting and, indeed, my third level of backup is at least
semi-EMP-proof on purpose.

However, is the Vatican library 45,000 gigabytes of 45 petabytes (those
differ by a factor of 1000)? On my side of the pond, 45,000 gigabytes is
45 terabytes. But here, a billion is a thousand millions. Elsewhere, I
think a billion is a million millions.

Cheers,

Richard

--
Richard L. Hess email: [log in to unmask]
Aurora, Ontario, Canada 647 479 2800