Sorry - November 23-25 is the correct date!
Von: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Neubert, Joachim
Gesendet: Montag, 20. April 2015 15:43
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: [BIBFRAME] WG: CfP SWIB15 - Semantic Web in Libraries Conference, Hamburg, 23-25 Dec 2015
Betreff: CfP SWIB15 - Semantic Web in Libraries Conference, Hamburg, 23-25 Dec 2015
Call for Proposals: SWIB15 - Semantic Web in Libraries Conference 23.11. - 25.11.2015, Hamburg, Germany
The SWIB conference (Semantic Web in Libraries, German: "Semantic Web in Bibliotheken") is an annual conference focusing on Semantic Web and Linked Open Data (LOD) in libraries and related organisations. It is held in Germany, by turns in the Cologne region and Hamburg. The topics of talks and workshops at SWIB revolve around opening data, linking data and creating tools and software for LOD production scenarios. These areas of focus are supplemented by presentations of research projects in applied sciences, industry applications, and LOD activities in other areas. SWIB mainly targets IT staff, developers, librarians and researchers.
As in prior years, SWIB15 will be organized by the ZBW - German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics and the North Rhine-Westphalian Library Service Centre (hbz). The conference language is English.
Is there an interesting service, research topic or project that you would like to present at the conference? Would you like to offer a pre-conference tutorial or workshop on the afternoon of 23 November? We appreciate proposals on the following or related topics:
Projects & Applications
* integration of LOD into productive library applications
* authorities and knowledge organization systems (thesauri, classifications, ontologies)
* re-use of published linked library data & mash-ups (using data from different sources)
* presenting and visualizing LOD
* end-user environments for interaction with LOD (e.g. annotation)
* crowdsourcing/gamification approaches involving LOD sources
* linking research data
Technology (focus on Open Source software)
* semantically enhanced data publication
* data transformation/integration/enhancement/mapping/interlinking
* searching/information retrieval
* read/write linked data
* linked data and library systems
Standards & Best Practices
* open web standards relevant for libraries
* application profiles & provenance information
* providing updates & syncing data sources
* preservation & sustainability
* open data licensing
We are looking forward to receiving your proposals for presentations or workshops by *17.05.2015*.
Please submit an abstract of 1000-1500 characters using our website at https://www.conftool.net/swib15.
Proposals will be reviewed by the SWIB programme committee:
- Uldis Bojars (National Library of Latvia)
- Valentine Charles (Europeana Foundation, Netherlands)
- Karen Coyle (Consultant, USA)
- Jana Hentschke (German National Library)
- Anja Jentzsch (HPI, Germany)
- Niklas Lindström (National Library of Sweden)
- Joachim Neubert (ZBW, Germany - Chair)
- Adrian Pohl (hbz, Germany - Chair)
- Dorothea Salo (UW-Madison, USA)
- MJ Suhonos (Ryerson University, Canada)
- Osma Suominen (National Library of Finland)
- Jakob Voß (GBV Common Library Network, Germany)
We also have space left for satellite events in the morning of 23 November. Contact us if you want to seize the opportunity to get together in the context of SWIB15.
If you want to look at previous SWIB conferences: http://swib.org/swib15/history.php
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions: