PCCLIST April 2015

Re: Need help with a series title

Richard Murray <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 16 Apr 2015 17:15:36 +0000

I've wished for a nice concise statement about series numbering appearing only in CIP/CIP-esque data, too, a la LCRI 1.6G, but since there doesn't seem to be anything in RDA or a PS that explicitly states this, I've been extrapolating LC-PCC PS 2.12.1.2 "If the series statement appears only in pre-publication cataloging data (foreign or domestic) in the item, do not transcribe this information as a series statement" plus LC-PCC PS 2.2.2.1 "Do not consider pre-publication cataloging data (foreign or domestic) appearing in the item as a source of information for transcribed elements" to equal "Ignore the series numbering if it only appears in CIP or something CIP-ish."

Rich

Rich Murray
Catalog Librarian for Spanish & Portuguese Languages and Rare Books
Duke University Libraries
Durham, North Carolina, USA