ARSCLIST May 2015

Re: A-440, was speaking of pitch

Peter Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 3 May 2015 20:03:03 -0400

text/plain

Very impressive achievement. I have a bunch of Stransky/NY Phil recordings
made more or less at the same time and none of them get nearly as much
sound on the disc. I'm sure these recordings had nowhere near a 90-piece
orchestra on hand. Though I only have a couple hundred 78s at most, many of
them are early orchestra or band recordings and I see Prince on a lot of
them, but I know a lot less about him than I do about most other names I
see on old recordings. Do you have information on where the recording took
place?

Thanks for sharing this.

Peter Hirsch