Help for BIBFRAME Archives

BIBFRAME Archives

BIBFRAME@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

BIBFRAME Home

BIBFRAME  June 2015

BIBFRAME June 2015

Independent consultants sought for IMLS-prject webinar series

Yuji Tosaka <[log in to unmask]>

Yuji Tosaka <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 9 Jun 2015 15:04:47 -0400

Dear colleagues,

We are currently working on a 3-year IMLS grant project (2014-2017), "Building a Workforce of Next Generation Librarians for 21st Century Global Information Access." The ultimate goal of the project is to enhance the skills and knowledge of cataloging and metadata librarians by ensuring effective self-directed lifelong learning especially on emerging standards and technologies for information organization in libraries.

One of the project objectives is to create a set of open-source asynchronous webinar series on relevant topics, such as Semantic Web and Linked Data technologies and data quality and preservation. Due to potential copyright-related issues, we are looking for independent consultants unaffiliated with any higher education institutions who will be able to develop the course content for such webinars. The consultants will be compensated for their work through the IMLS fund.

If you are interested in working with our IMLS project, please contact for details: the project PI, Dr. Jung-ran Park, Associate Professor, College of Computing and Informatics, e-mail: [log in to unmask]

--
Yuji Tosaka, Ph.D, M.L.I.S.
Cataloging/Metadata Librarian