BIBFRAME Archives

BIBFRAME@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

Monospaced Font

BIBFRAME Home

BIBFRAME  August 2015

BIBFRAME August 2015

Re: Proposal for treatment of series in BIBFRAME

"J. McRee Elrod" <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 8 Aug 2015 09:38:09 -0700

Adam asked:

>Is BIBFRAME going to require those libraries to reverse course
>because they must link to a series every time?

It is my understanding that Bibframe would be a coding system, with
cataloguing rules and other standards determining what data is
included.

So as at present, wouldn't it be PCC which calls for the series access
point, not Bibframe? Bibframe only provides the mechanism for doing
so.

BTW, other cataloging e-lists go quiet on the weekend. But Bibframe
chugs right along. Does that indicate that for many Bibframe is an
avocation as opposed to being part of their weekday vocation?

   __ __ J. McRee (Mac) Elrod ([log in to unmask])
  {__ | / Special Libraries Cataloguing HTTP://www.slc.bc.ca/