You are invited to attend a webinar on Oct. 20 or an open house on Oct. 24 to learn about the MSLIS program at the Catholic University of America! Please see the announcement below for detail.
We look forward to seeing you! Feel free to contact us with your questions.
Ingrid Hsieh-Yee, Ph.D.
Professor & Interim Co-Chair
Dept. of Library & Information Science
Catholic University of America
Washington, D.C. 20064
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
From: Stokes, David
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2015 1:48 PM
Subject: 20 Reasons Why You'll Want To Study Library and Information Science at The Catholic University of America
20 Reasons Why You'll Want To Study Library and Information Science at The Catholic University of America
1. We’re the only ALA Accredited Library and Information Science<http://lis.cua.edu/about/accreditation2016/> program in the nation’s capital.
2. We just welcomed Pope Francis<http://popeindc.cua.edu/>.
3. The Acting Librarian of Congress<http://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/2015/10/13/an-interview-with-david-mao/> is a CUA LIS alumnus.
4. We reduced tuition by 40%<http://cuaslis.org/wp/lis-new-fall-2015-reduced-tuition-2/?id=2Tuition> for LIS students.
5. We added two new courses of study<http://lis.cua.edu/msinls/coursesstudy.cfm> (we now have ten) to meet the needs of the job market.
6. We have scholarships for incoming students<http://cuaslis.org/wp/more-scholarships-for-incoming-students-this-fall-2/>.
7. Our graduates find employment in public libraries (District of Columbia Public Library, San Antonio Public Library, Alexandria Public Library), government agencies (Library of Congress, National Library of Medicine, Smithsonian), academic libraries (University of Washington, Georgetown) and so much more<http://cuaslis.org/wp/category/news/alumni/>.
8. We have Online Weekend Learning<http://lis.cua.edu/owl/>.
9. We have six joint degree<http://lis.cua.edu/msinls/jointdegrees.cfm> options.
10. We have Graduate Library Pre-Professional<http://libraries.cua.edu/about/glp.cfm> (GLP) positions.
11. We teach courses at the Library of Congress<http://lis.cua.edu/msinls/distance.cfm>.
12. We offer non-degree<http://lis.cua.edu/admissions/index.cfm#post> courses.
13. We have three post-master’s certificate<http://lis.cua.edu/msinls/postmasters.cfm> options.
14. We have eight faculty advisors<http://lis.cua.edu/directory/faculty.cfm>.
15. We offer a 50% tuition reduction<http://cuaslis.org/wp/50-discount-for-catholic-school-teachers/> for Catholic school teachers.
16. We have an ALA and CAEP accredited School Library Media (SLM)<http://lis.cua.edu/MSinLS/coursesStudy/school.cfm> course of study.
17. Our Law Librarianship<http://lis.cua.edu/MSinLS/coursesStudy/law.cfm> course of study is ranked third in the nation.
18. We offer student travel stipends<http://lis.cua.edu/res/docs/StudentTravelFundProcedure-2015-03-12.pdf> for professional conferences.
19. We have four student organizations<http://lis.cua.edu/courses/courses.cfm> (two of which won national awards in 2014).
20. Tomorrow we’re welcoming a former Reference Librarian from the Vatican Library<https://nest.cua.edu/organization/LIS/calendar/details/727508>.
This is our now. Imagine your future.
On Campus Open House: Saturday, October 24, 2015 10:30am EDT
*Application fee waiver for all attendees applying for spring 2016
Webinar: October 20, 2015 12:30pm and 8:00pm EDT
Review admission requirements: http://lis.cua.edu/admissions/index.cfm
Start your application: https://applyonline.cua.edu/login.cfm
Classes begin January 11, 2016.
For more information visit lis.cua.edu, or call (202) 319-5085, or email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
Spring ‘16 Invitation<http://lis.cua.edu/res/docs/Spring-2016-Invite.pdf> | MSLIS PDF<http://lis.cua.edu/res/docs/CUA-LIS-Program.pdf> | Courses of Study PDF<http://lis.cua.edu/res/docs/Courses-of-Study.pdf> | Post-Master’s PDF<http://lis.cua.edu/res/docs/Continuing-Education.pdf>