DATETIME December 2015

Who's On First (and EDTF)

Aaron Cope <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 3 Dec 2015 17:28:57 -0800

Hello!

My name is Aaron. I work at a mapping startup called Mapzen. [1]

Previously I was at the Smithsonian, specifically the Cooper Hewitt in
NYC where I worked on the Digital and Emerging Media team. [2]

I mention that because I spent most of my three years at the CH
lurking on this same mailing list. It was always my intention to
figure out how and where the museum could make use of EDTF but the
realities of re-opening a museum got in the way... [3]

These days I am working an open gazetteer of the world, called Who's
On First (WOF). [4,5,6]

Once again I am looking over the horizon at EDTF so I thought I would
just send up a flare to that effect. We aren't doing much with it yet
beyond thinking about and in a few isolated cases updating records by
hand. This is the current state of our thinking:

https://github.com/whosonfirst/whosonfirst-dates

That's all really. I look forward to catching up on the discussion on
this mailing list and if anyone has comments or questions about EDTF
and WOF I would enjoy hearing them.

Cheers,

--

[1] http://www.mapzen.com/