ARSCLIST January 2016

Re: Cleaning stylus

H D Goldman <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 16 Jan 2016 12:19:48 -0600

Hi Frank,

I’d suggest that the first the evaluation of a cleaning approach is thru listening before & then again after the cleaned disc has been played several times. The safety of the chemicals involved can be evaluated readily from their known chemical properties & simple testing. Further validation comes from long term study of treated surfaces under environmental challenge. Ultimately it comes down to the perceived value of the cleaning itself.

Finally you run larger studies of the approach involving varied substrates & end user methods.

Electron micrographs & vibrational correlations are a wonderful idea but they won’t change the real-time data that has already been accumulated by tens of thousands of users over 25+ years.

Regards,

Duane Goldman

H D Goldman Lagniappe Chemicals Ltd.
PO Box 37066 St. Louis, MO 63141 USA