CAPSEA@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

CAPSEA Home

CAPSEA  January 2016

CAPSEA January 2016

Re: Update on offering circulars

Carol L Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>

Limited to participants in Jakarta CAP program (CAPSEA)

Thu, 14 Jan 2016 04:08:05 -0500

Larry,

It is unlikely that we will have online profiles anytime soon. I am sorry, but the system is very limited.  We are working hard to adapt it to former workflows and services, but as you can imagine that is not easy.

We worked on the workflow for circulars today.  We were able to rig the old system so that we can use it for circulars. We will be seeing how it works next week.  My goal is to re-start circular sending in February.

The system has thrown the office into disarray in part because so many parts of the system are incomplete.  We are also working on a shipping list program (the new acquisitions program came with no packing list or label program).

In regards to Philippine books. All titles from circulars sent last year have been ordered.  Now we need to start on the titles ordered thus far.  I am also monitoring the performance of the Philippine program.

Sorry I am not more optimistic.  It has been a challenge.

Carol L. Mitchell, PhD
Field Director
Jakarta Office
Library of Congress

>>> Lawrence Ashmun <[log in to unmask]> 01/14/16 12:19 AM >>>
Carol - Wisconsin still doesn't see that our online profile's been recorded as yet.  Also, your Update referred to upcoming Philippine circulars, but none've been posted as yet, have they?

Thanks,
Larry