ARSCLIST  February 2016

ARSCLIST February 2016

Replacement 7" plastic 1/4" reels in Maxell boxes

Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 8 Feb 2016 10:24:10 -0500

I have eight (8) clear-plastic Quantegy-branded 7" reels in Maxell UD and UDXL 35-90 boxes. The
boxes have previous writing covered up with blank white stick-on labels (UPS shipping labels cut to
size). These are perfectly good replacment reels and boxes for items in your archive where the box
has fallen apart and/or the reel has become warped. For what it's worth, these Maxell boxes date
from the early 1990s and show no sign of yellowing inside, indicating to me that the cardboard is
non-acidic. 6 of the 8 Maxell boxes also include the original plastic bag to put around the reel of
tape, non of which are gooey, sticky or discolored.

$20 for the whole lots ($2.50 each) includes free shipping to U.S. addresses.

Please ping off-list.

-- Tom Fine