PCCLIST Archives

PCCLIST@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

PCCLIST Home

PCCLIST  March 2016

PCCLIST March 2016

Re: Questions about serial supplements

Jenifer K Marquardt <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 3 Mar 2016 13:51:54 +0000

Good morning, Everyone,

Information concerning special numbers and supplements was updated in December and included in the PCC post on 2/19/16 by Robert Maxwell.  I've copied out the passage from that e-mail.

2.12. SERIES STATEMENT (Dec. 2015)

Simplified policy for supplements and special numbers to serials

Supplements and Special Numbers to Serials

LC practice/PCC practice: Supplements. Treat a supplement or a special number to a serial as a series.

EXAMPLE

in source

 Supplement to Word

 monograph number 3

490 1# $a Supplement to Word ; $v monograph number 3

in source

 Journal of Ultrastructure Research

 Supplement 7

490 1# $a Journal of ultrastructure research. $p Supplement ; $v 7

in source

 Special number of Malaysian journal of tropical geography

490 1# $a Special number of Malaysian journal of tropical geography

in source

 Supplemento all'Annuario statistico italiano

490 1# $a Supplemento all'Annuario statistico italiano

in source

 Allegato al n.7/85 di Musica jazz

490 1# $a Allegato al n.7/85 di Musica jazz

Jenifer

Jenifer K. Marquardt
Asst. Head of Cataloging & Authorities Librarian
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602-1641