PCCLIST March 2016

Re: Deleted LCGFT headings: Feminist films and New wave films

"Ehlert, Mark K." <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 22 Mar 2016 18:44:30 +0000

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wilson, Pete
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 1:32 PM

> Our authorities coordinator tells us that two LCGFT
> authority records have been deleted:
> Feminist films
> New wave films
> We’re confused.  Presumably there is a philosophy in place that
> says these don’t work as genre/form headings.  I’m thinking there’s
> an easy answer I’m missing.  What is it?

See the February 2016 LCSH Editorial Meeting notes; scroll to the bottom to the Genre/Form Terms section and look over the second part.

http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/saco/cpsoed/psd-160215.html

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library
Cataloging and Metadata        University of St. Thomas

Verona," Act I, Scene iii