Help for ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

ARSCLIB Home

ARSCLIB  April 2016

ARSCLIB April 2016

Re: zappa Them or Us and clarification to email I sent yesterday

"Karl E. Fitzke" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 29 Apr 2016 13:29:03 +0000

1.
Thanks for prompting a "Them or Us" book title correction, Lou.  "Us and Them"?  I must have had a momentary short between the Pink Floyd and Frank Zappa sections of my brain - I've always been aware of the correct book title.

2.
Most importantly, I want to clarify something I said yesterday...."Sounds like Frank was getting a little fed up with behavior that he found oppressive, despite being able to get haircut.  And yet he could seem at times to marginalize people in songs based on their sexuality, something we can't change about ourselves."

Add to that, "Anyway, we shouldn't even have to entertain thoughts of changing our sexuality (as if we even would if we could) or changing our hairstyle to have access to the same rights and responsibilities that everyone else has."

3.
Lou, grab a copy of "Lumpy Money" from zappa.com if you don't have one already.

4.
I don't see any of my own posts to this list.   Weird, but I 'll try to figure that out.

-Karl