Help for ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

ARSCLIB Home

ARSCLIB  April 2016

ARSCLIB April 2016

Re: Interesting large collections coming into instutions

Laurel Myers Hurst <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 1 Apr 2016 16:08:59 -0400

In 2015, I received the GRAMMY Foundation Preservation Assistance Grant to prepare the Halim El-Dabh Archives for transition to a permanent repository. I learned much about the vulnerable nature of archives as the preliminary goals for the grant went unmet. This development represents an ignominious chapter in my grant-writing story, but it also highlights the fact that we collect because we want to know more about the humans revealed through our collections.

I hold the greatest hope that the El-Dabh Archives will land in a safe home when the right time comes.

Laurel Myers Hurst
Kent State University, OH
www.laurelmyershurst.com
330-990-1289