Help for GHELIST Archives

GHELIST Archives

GHELIST@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

GHELIST Home

GHELIST  April 2016

GHELIST April 2016

Reminder: GHE Esri Seminar today at 1:00pm

"Lazorchak, William" <[log in to unmask]>

Geospatial Hosting Environment <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 7 Apr 2016 11:15:27 -0400

A reminder that we're hosting folks from Esri today as part of our monthly seminar series.

We'll be in the Law Library Media Center, LM-240. Feel free to invite any staff you think might be interested.

We're focusing on the "best practices" of map design today, so bring all your questions about color, symbolization, relationships, optimization, etc.

Agenda:
Introductions
Examples of LC work
Jim Herries from Esri
Jim presents industry best practices and responds to LOC presentation
Q&A Discuss May presentations

Here's a chapter from "The ArcGIS Book" on "Cartography is for Everyone" that Jim was involved in. Hopefully this will jog some thoughts.
http://learn.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-book/chapter2/

Butch

Butch Lazorchak
IT Project Manager