ARSCLIB May 2016

ARSC Member Interviews

Derek Long <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 4 May 2016 15:29:04 -0400

ARSC members,

The Membership Committee will be conducting interviews of ARSC members at
this year’s conference in Bloomington. We want to document our members’
stories and use those stories to promote ARSC and connect with like-minded
individuals by posting the videos to the ARSC YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/arscaudio

Whether you are a collector, an archivist, a librarian, an engineer, a
student, or all of the above, we want to hear your story. Here are some of
the questions we will be asking:

   - When and why did you begin collecting sound recordings?
   - What's an area of expertise (genre and/or format) in which you
   specialize?
   - Tell us about a gem in your collection.
   - How have you benefited from being a member of ARSC?
   - What would you say to audio aficionados who ought to become members of
   ARSC?
   - Tell us about an ARSC conference that's memorable to you.

If you are interested in sharing your story, please contact me off list and
we can schedule a time.

Thank you,

*ARSC Membership Committee*
Derek Long (Chair)