GHELIST Archives

GHELIST@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

Monospaced Font

GHELIST Home

GHELIST  May 2016

GHELIST May 2016

Interim solution to GHE database locking

"Lazorchak, William" <[log in to unmask]>

Geospatial Hosting Environment <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 19 May 2016 15:47:30 -0400

Greetings all,

The GHE team has been working on a solution to prevent the Oracle databases from locking up, locking all users out of the system until they can be unlocked by a database administrator.

We are working on other ways to prevent this type of thing from happening, but in the meantime we have an answer. The solution is a pair of scripts that update the old password in the .MXD files to the new password. These scripts need to be run manually by ALL users across their old .MXD files as soon as possible.

I've attached detailed instructions on how to access and run the script.

Please do this as soon as possible to your existing .MXD files so that we avoid lockups.

Feel free to drop a note back if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Butch

Butch Lazorchak
IT Project Manager