ARSCLIST  June 2016

ARSCLIST June 2016

Having a distortion problem

Benjamin Roth <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 30 Jun 2016 20:20:38 +0000

Hello everyone

I'm having a distortion problem with some 78s I'm transferring on a Technics Quartz SL-1200 MK2.
The records are 10-inch 78s from an album - "Mildred Bailey with Red Norvo and his Music".
The label is CROWN.  The records are in good condition BUT I can't find a stylus that doesn't give a distorted sound.
The styli I've tried so far are Shure .0028 EDT, .0028 CTD, GE VRII and Stanton 500 3.3 ET.
I have other styli, but can anyone make a suggestion.

Regards,
Ben Roth