ARSCLIST  June 2016

ARSCLIST June 2016

Mono vs Stereo Mercury session Nov 26, 1955

Wade Lewis <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 1 Jun 2016 18:43:16 -0400

This is really for Tom Fine, I guess: From discussions in another group,
its my understanding that the Mercury recordings of Beethoven's 4th and
8th symphonies AND the Bartok second Suite were all made on Nov 26, 1955.
If that is true, I am curious as to why the Bartok was recorded in stereo
but the Beethovens were only released in mono.  Is there a back story
there?