ARSCLIST  June 2016

ARSCLIST June 2016

ARSC 2016 Conference and the Technics SP-15 turntable

Dave Cawley <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 21 Jun 2016 17:46:53 +0100

From:  Dave Cawley
Timestep Dartmouth UK
e-mail [log in to unmask]

Web site www.78-rpm.com

Tel:   011 44 1803 833366

ARSC 2016 Conference and the Technics SP-15 turntable

This is a somewhat belated thanks for the great time I was shown at this event.  Like a lot of others I was initially disappointed that the Biddle Hotel did not have a bar or restaurant and that the nearest true international airport was 250 miles away.

However the conference was truly great thanks to my Mentor Kurt Nauck.  Also thanks to Aaron Bittel and Mike Casey for such a great boot camp.  And more thanks to all the others who made me so very welcome.  Not forgetting Nathan Georgitis for allowing I and others to exhibit and talk/listen/advise delegates for a nominal $50, this was a very popular feature of the conference where no-one was excluded, well done!  There were times when the exhibits were totally overwhelmed by interested delegates, if only other conferences embraced this idea!

I have been in audio all my life (click here to read more  http://www.aes.org/aes/davecawley )  and have exhibited, lectured and attended many, many conferences of this type and this one was amongst the friendliest.

Many people asked me about the Technics SP-15 turntable and I'm please to say I will have all the parts requested in the next couple of weeks, including the new replacement chip, replacement new bearing, removable reduced spindle and a new mat.  I still firmly believe the ultra reliable SL-1200 that takes a true 12" arm for 16" transcriptions and does 14-170rpm is better, but a lot of people have invested in the SP-15, so your wish is my command.

Again, thanks for the great time guys !

Dave