ARSCLIB June 2016

Re: Transcript editor

Brecht Declercq <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 10 Jun 2016 23:34:54 +0200

Dear Nathan,

Thanks for forwarding.
I've tested it briefly and it works great!
And kudos to NYPL for putting this also on GitHub!

I think this is a great application of something I included in my Hourglass
Model: several ways to create descriptive metadata (in this case:
speech-to-text + user generated metadata) are being combined, to cancel out
each other's weak points.

You can check out the full model here:
http://www.slideshare.net/brecht.declercq/canalizing-the-maelstrom-of-metadata-extensions-on-the-hourglass-model

It would be great if NYPL could report about the results they get from this
project, on some conference or one of the journals in the field or so.

Best!

--

     Brecht Declercq
     Manager Digitalisering & Acquisitie

     VIAA vzw* | Sassevaartstraat 46/209 | 9000 Gent | BelgiĆ« | www.viaa.be
<http://www.viaa.be/>*
     T: +32 9 298 05 01 *|* M: +32 474 25 04 67

<https://onderwijs.hetarchief.be/> <https://onderwijs.hetarchief.be/>