Help for ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

ARSCLIB Home

ARSCLIB  June 2016

ARSCLIB June 2016

NEH symposium on preserving audiovisual heritage

"Leggett, Stephen C" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 24 Jun 2016 13:16:18 -0400

Passing this along for those who might be interested

View this email in your browser<http://us8.campaign-archive1.com/?u=734f7bdadb42467f38d173329&id=57b7af7cf6&e=ee6977cb97>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/734f7bdadb42467f38d173329/images/e7bb4a30-2cb6-4b6a-811f-800b4499ded0.png]

A National Endowment for the Humanities Symposium on Preserving Audiovisual Heritage

September 30, 2016 | Washington, D.C.
________________________________

at the
National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
400 7th Street, SW | Washington, DC 20506

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/734f7bdadb42467f38d173329/images/015a6e25-d6ba-4268-ae82-eb8b42977805.jpg]

Join us on September 30 in Washington, D.C. for a one-day symposium that will bring together scholars, archivists, librarians, curators, educators, students, filmmakers, and audiovisual preservationists for dialogue and collaboration on ensuring access to America’s rich audiovisual heritage of the past century.
Over the past 50 years the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) has been instrumental in preserving America’s national heritage. NEH’s Play/back symposium seeks to call attention to the vital importance of our audiovisual past, and invites participants to assist in planning for the future of preservation of our vast legacy of audio, video, and film recordings.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/734f7bdadb42467f38d173329/images/f19da19e-9a64-43d5-83ab-3cf3f9e048c2.jpg]

KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
David Isay (Founder, StoryCorps) and Nancy Watrous (Executive Director, Chicago Film Archives)

Panels, breakout sessions, and keynote addresses will explore topics such as the role of sound recordings and moving images in documenting and interpreting society and culture, the challenge of prioritizing and selecting materials for future generations, creative approaches to long-term care and digitization, the value of interdisciplinary collaboration to audiovisual collections stewardship, and how to communicate with a broader public the importance of preserving our recorded heritage.
The Play/back symposium at NEH follows the International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives 2016 conference in Washington, D.C.
Registration is free. We recommend that you register early.

Click to Register<http://neh.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=734f7bdadb42467f38d173329&id=6d76def817&e=ee6977cb97>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-twitter-48.png]<http://neh.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=734f7bdadb42467f38d173329&id=1e3b54c3f7&e=ee6977cb97>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-facebook-48.png]<http://neh.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=734f7bdadb42467f38d173329&id=90ef932ce8&e=ee6977cb97>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-link-48.png]<http://neh.us8.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=734f7bdadb42467f38d173329&id=babcb6c836&e=ee6977cb97>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/734f7bdadb42467f38d173329/images/534dd740-56c6-4a5e-ba02-476886d9f9a7.png]

This email was sent to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
why did I get this?<http://neh.us8.list-manage.com/about?u=734f7bdadb42467f38d173329&id=8d792af275&e=ee6977cb97&c=57b7af7cf6>    unsubscribe from this list<http://neh.us8.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=734f7bdadb42467f38d173329&id=8d792af275&e=ee6977cb97&c=57b7af7cf6>    update subscription preferences<http://neh.us8.list-manage.com/profile?u=734f7bdadb42467f38d173329&id=8d792af275&e=ee6977cb97>
National Endowment for the Humanities · 1100 Pennsylvania Ave NW · Washington, DC 20506 · USA