ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

Monospaced Font

ARSCLIB Home

ARSCLIB  September 2016

ARSCLIB September 2016

Testing PVA & Rubber Cement on a Lacquer Disc

Corey Bailey <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 Sep 2016 15:50:59 -0700

Hi All,

Last June, there was a discussion about re-applying a label to a lacquer
disc. The discussion ultimately revolved around using two types of
cement: PVA or Rubber Cement. A few people commented that rubber cement
may cause damage to a lacquer coated disc. Having used rubber cement
successfully for this purpose, I was curious if the cement would indeed
damage a lacquer disc so conducted my own test, comparing PVA to the
type of rubber cement that I have used. The results, along with some
photos can be viewed here:

_https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cvsiiigtr63mb05/AACvw_hgSeJjIDNzqr0EaZzaa?dl=0_

I'll leave the link up for a week or so. I am cross posting this to both
lists so that all members can view the results if interested.

Cheers!

Corey

Corey Bailey Audio Engineering
www.baileyzone.net