Job Opportunity: Program Associate, Recordings at Risk
Council on Library and Information Resources
CLIR seeks candidates for a Program Associate for a new grant program, Recordings at Risk<https://t.e2ma.net/click/60v3n/u7kua4/unllgd>. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting all regular, day-to-day activities for the program, which supports preservation reformatting of unique audio and audiovisual content of high value to scholars. This is a salaried, full-time position, with a generous benefits package including health insurance, vacation and sick leave, and retirement benefits. The position has a three-year term, with a requirement to work from CLIR's Washington, DC, office.
The ideal candidate will be self-directed, diplomatic, meticulous, and an enthusiastic team player capable of excelling in a geographically distributed, fast-paced, and rapidly changing environment. This individual will have a strong interest in the future of libraries, museums, archives, and all institutions of higher learning and will be an excellent communicator in a variety of circumstances and media.
Duties will include making updates to the program’s website; handling applications and queries from diverse collecting institutions; providing instructions and support to reviewers; communicating with grant recipients; collecting reports from recipients and reviewing those for compliance with requirements; compiling data for reports; and managing program files. The program associate will also provide logistical support for program-related meetings and will provide general day-to-day support to colleagues overseeing program administration and assessment.
* Relevant degree in a subject related to the position’s scope and current knowledge of digitization practices in galleries, libraries, archives, museums, and other research and cultural memory organizations;
* A demonstrated record of successful collaboration, including an ability to build consensus and to compromise cheerfully;
* Strong organizational and project management experience;
* An ability to work independently and anticipate the needs of others in the pursuit of shared goals;
* An ability to thrive in a rapidly changing work environment;
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; and
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Experience with grant writing and reporting;
* Experience working in galleries, libraries, archives, or museums and/or a familiarity with audio and audiovisual media creation and preservation;
* Experience with database applications such as FileMaker and Microsoft Access;
* Evidence of writing ability for both academic audiences and the general public;
* Experience managing websites and organizational social media accounts; and
* Experience managing grant or award application and review activities.
Additional programmatic duties (time permitting)
The Program Associate will work in collaboration with colleagues on other related CLIR programs. They may have opportunities to contribute to those programs, as suits the needs of the organization and their interests and talents.
Salary range: $50,000-$52,000
Please apply via CLIR’s online form: https://app.wizehive.com/apps/clirposition<https://t.e2ma.net/click/60v3n/u7kua4/agmlgd>.
CLIR is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We especially encourage applications to this position by people of color and members of other under-represented groups.
CLIR’s offices are located in the Farragut North neighborhood in downtown Washington, DC, less than a block from the Farragut North station on Metro’s Red Line. This position will involve periodic domestic travel to attend meetings, conferences and events. Occasional international travel may be required.
Council on Library and Information Resources
1707 L Street, Ste 650
Washington, DC 20036, USA
Share this email:
Manage<https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/15691/9304/1814932568/> your preferences | Opt out<https://t.e2ma.net/optout/60v3n/u7kua4?r=aHR0cHM6Ly9hcHAuZTJtYS5uZXQvYXBwMi9hdWRpZW5jZS9vcHRfb3V0LzE1NjkxLzkzMDQvMTgxNDkzMjU2OC8=> using TrueRemove™
Got this as a forward? Sign up<https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/15691/9304.23216216/> to receive our future emails.
View this email online<https://t.e2ma.net/message/60v3n/u7kua4>.
This email was sent to [log in to unmask]
To continue receiving our emails, add us to your address book. <[log in to unmask]>