ARSCLIST  October 2016

ARSCLIST October 2016

Re: ARSC Conference Recordings (was Phonograph Monthly Review)

Steve Ramm <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:39:05 -0400

For Mike B and Don, The ARSChives has all the audio tapes of nearly all
ARsc Conferences going back at least to 1977. Many of them have been digitized
 by George Blood (as a FAVOR to ARSC and some are being digitized by Martin
 Fisher. They were well organized in the ARSChives.

To my knowledge there no official AUDIO tapes of Banquet Speakers. Mike
(and later Leah) video recorded many of the conference papers as well as the
Banquet speakers (when we used to have "speakers" at the banquet, but,
again, to  my knowledge, none have been posted to the public - or on the ARSC web
site to  date. Mike and Leah did a short presentation at the 2016
Conference with  highlights. That was part of the "ARSC at 50" Plenary session. The
AUDIO of that  is available for ARSC Members only on the ARSC web site. (I've
been catching up  with the ones I missed this week - great stuff (and well
worth ARSC's $45 dues  just to hear these papers).

Don, you may want to check the AMP! section of the ARSC website where you
might find recording taken direct from the sound board. If you see any
missing  presentations which you have, you can contact ARSC's Executive Director,
Nathan  Georgitis.

I know that Mike and Leah were working with the ARSC Online Media Committee
 a few years ago about digitizing theory one-of-a kind videos from the
conferences - to at least preserve them - but - again, to my knowledge - the
progress stopped a couple of years ago. Maybe Mike can update the group on
the  status.

Steve Ramm

In a message dated 10/30/2016 1:31:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,