The International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives (IASA)
announces that its 2017 annual conference will be hosted 17 through 22
September by the Ethnological Museum in Berlin, Germany.
IASA invites everyone engaged in or curious about the discovery, care,
preservation, and dissemination of our sound and audiovisual heritage, to
join us in Germany’s vibrant capital city, Berlin, to explore the
intersection of workflows and archival formats as manifest in new ways of
thinking about, new ways of preserving and new ways of presenting our
objects in the digital era.
This year's conference theme, Integration and Innovation: Bringing
workflows and formats together in the digital era, will touch upon and
delve deeply into the following sub-themes:
- Managing sound and audiovisual collections in an integrated manner
- New workflows for arranging and describing collections
- Intellectual property and rights management challenges & opportunities
- Selection and appraisal – strategies for acquiring digital content
- How are sound and audiovisual archives innovating in the digital era?
Programme to include papers, tutorials, and practical workshops.
Call for papers is now open. Please submit your 250-word presentation
proposal abstracts that address the sub-themes mentioned above, by using
the online submission form at:
The deadline for abstract submission is *** 10 February 2017 ***
Bertram Lyons, CA
634 W. Main St., Ste 202
Madison, Wisconsin 53703