ARSCLIST  January 2017

ARSCLIST January 2017

SL-1200 plays 16" discs

Dave Cawley <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 9 Jan 2017 10:15:45 -0000

From:  Dave Cawley
Timestep Dartmouth UK
e-mail [log in to unmask]
Web site www.78-rpm.com
Tel:   +44 (0) 1803 833366

The Timestep SL-1200 armboard can be used with the SME 12" as an option.  I am able to supply all SME and Jelco arms of any length, any type and any variant.  We would never ever recommend a 9" arm to play 16" records though !!

Fluid damping is rarely and only used for high compliance cartridges such as the old Shure V15 and although I can supply this I don't recommend it or its use.  But the customer is always right and can have whatever he desires !

The new armboard is 5/8" thick in parts and is very strong.  The photo on the very top of www.78-rpm.com shows how it fits into the space where the old Technics arm fitted.  Being a 12 or 14" arm, it does of course stick out of the back !

The prototype can be seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq7EHeGBJGU&feature=youtu.be

BTW the SME 3012 is available brand new under the new name M2-12R

Regards

Dave