ARSCLIST  January 2017

ARSCLIST January 2017

Re: SL-1200 plays 16" discs

Steven Smolian <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Jan 2017 13:37:24 -0500

After an exchange of emails, I recently placed an order for the 16" arm
adapter with an SME 3012 16" arm cutout with Mr. Cawley.  I've not received
an acknowledgement or an invoice.  He doesn't seem to be going to my
junkmail.  Has anyone else heard from his in the last few days or so?

Steve Smolian

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dave Cawley
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2017 5:16 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] SL-1200 plays 16" discs

From:  Dave Cawley
Timestep Dartmouth UK
e-mail [log in to unmask]
Web site www.78-rpm.com
Tel:   +44 (0) 1803 833366

The Timestep SL-1200 armboard can be used with the SME 12" as an option.  I
am able to supply all SME and Jelco arms of any length, any type and any
variant.  We would never ever recommend a 9" arm to play 16" records though
!!

Fluid damping is rarely and only used for high compliance cartridges such as
the old Shure V15 and although I can supply this I don't recommend it or its
use.  But the customer is always right and can have whatever he desires !

The new armboard is 5/8" thick in parts and is very strong.  The photo on
the very top of www.78-rpm.com shows how it fits into the space where the
old Technics arm fitted.  Being a 12 or 14" arm, it does of course stick out
of the back !

The prototype can be seen here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq7EHeGBJGU&feature=youtu.be

BTW the SME 3012 is available brand new under the new name M2-12R

Regards

Dave