ARSCLIST  January 2017

ARSCLIST January 2017

An Oldie But [very] Goodie

Benjamin Roth <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 31 Jan 2017 13:25:37 +0000

Hello everyone

I'm wondering how many different recordings of live performances of Tchaikovsky's 5th are out there with Koussevitzky conducting.
Does anyone know, and does that person have a favorite from those live performances?
I have the one that AS Disc release as well as a couple which I got from Nate Brown.
I just found one recorded Dec. 9, 1944 in Milwaukee (AFRS Transcription).
I noticed that one has to strain their ears to hear the flutes where they should be prominent.

Does anyone know where I can get all the live Tchai. 5 with S.K. or at least the ones I don't have yet?

Regards,
Ben Roth