The Membership Committee of the Association for Recorded Sound Collections (ARSC) posts the following message.
On behalf of ARSC, we'd like to thank you for your participation in the ARSClist last year. Your contributions have created an incredibly valuable resource for the field.
We invite you to build on this contribution by becoming a member of ARSC in 2017. Membership dues are $45 per calendar year for individuals and $20 for students, and membership entitles you to the many benefits listed below.
As an ARSC member, you will receive the following benefits:
* Semiannual ARSC Journal, containing articles relating to recorded sound history and preservation, as well as discographies, reviews of books and sound recordings, and bibliographies of related articles in other publications
* Three issues of the ARSC Newsletter, containing timely coverage of ARSC activities and including member advertisements and research announcements
* Discounted registration for the ARSC conference and pre-conference workshop in San Antonio, TX in May 2017
* Access to the ARSC Membership Directory, listing members' contact information, collecting areas, publications, and research interests
* Access to sound recordings of conference sessions and workshops, 1994 to 2011, with 2012-2016 recordings available only to ARSC members
* Eligibility to advertise goods and services in the ARSC Audio Preservation & Restoration Directory
* 10% discount on all advertisements in ARSC publications
* Eligibility to participate in ARSC governance, committees, and chapters
Also, note that it is an election year. Ballots will go out around March 1 so be sure to join/renew soon if you want to vote!
Membership in ARSC will enrich your work with historical sound recordings! But don't take our word for it - visit the ARSC YouTube Channel to view testimonials by ARSC members on this and other benefits of membership: https://www.youtube.com/user/arscaudio. Or visit the ARSC Member Benefits webpage to read more: http://www.arsc-audio.org/member-benefits.html
Please join or renew online and pay securely by credit card or PayPal: www.arsc-audio.org/join.html<http://www.arsc-audio.org/join.html>. Or you may print and mail a membership form with payment: http://www.arsc-audio.org/pdf/ARSC_membership_application_form.pdf.
ARSC is a non-profit organization, managed by volunteer members, that shares your serious interest in recorded sound collections.
Derek Long (ARSC Membership Committee Chair)
Marr Sound Archives Librarian
University of Missouri-Kansas City
Marr Sound Archives | UMKC Miller Nichols Library | 800 E. 51st Street | Kansas City, MO 64110
Phone: (816) 235-5275 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>