ARSCLIB March 2017

Fwd: [MLA-L] Spike Jones redux

Paul Jackson <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 1 Mar 2017 12:25:36 -0800

Question about Spike Jones CD...anyone have anything for ms. Jones?

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [MLA-L] Spike Jones redux
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 08:53:44 -0500
From: Phyllis Jones <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

I did not receive any responses to the following, so I am reposting. If
there is anyone on MLA-L who is also subscribed to the ARSC list, I
would appreciate it if you would forward the post there. I can be
reached at the email shown below.

Hello,

Are there any Spike Jones experts out there in MLA-L Land? Oberlin
received as part of a gift a Spike Jones CD titled "Even worser." The
label of the CD shows this item as MET CD 2021 on the Metronome label.
The accompanying material (booklet and container), however, give the
issue number as NI 2021 and the publisher as Nimbus. Both sources show
the phonogram and copyright dates as 2002. I find only the Nimbus data
in Discogs. Neither issue (if there are indeed two) is represented by a
bibliographic record in Connexion.

I would appreciate any information that would clarify the situation I
have in hand. Is this a hybrid item with disc from Metronome and
accompanying material from Nimbus? Or was the item issued originally in
this apparently mongrelized form? (I should mention that both the
physical disc and the accompanying material identify the item as part of
the series "Robert Parker, classic years in digital stereo.")

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance,
Phyllis Jones

--
Phyllis J. Jones
Senior Recordings Cataloger

Email:[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

To unsubscribe: [log in to unmask]
To contact the listowners: [log in to unmask]
To change options: <https://iulist.indiana.edu/sympa/suboptions/mla-l>
Archives: <https://iulist.indiana.edu/sympa/arc/mla-l>
Music Library Association homepage: <http://www.musiclibraryassoc.org>