Help for ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB Archives

ARSCLIB@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

ARSCLIB Home

ARSCLIB  March 2017

ARSCLIB March 2017

Conference Hotel - There are plenty of rooms!

"Nelson-Strauss, Brenda" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 21 Mar 2017 21:33:07 +0000

I sent an update about our room block to the list on Friday, which resulted in a surge of reservations over the weekend. Consequently, the ARSC block was temporarily sold-out - but the manager added additional rooms on Monday. She has assured me that our room block will be continually restocked until the April 17th cut-off date and we won't need to find an overflow hotel. However, since she will be on vacation until the 31st, it's possible that certain nights might sell out again before her return.

If you are told there are no rooms, please contact me immediately - and provide information on the room type (single or double) and the dates requested - so I can notify the hotel. If you made reservations outside of the ARSC room block over the weekend and paid a higher rate, I would urge you to contact the hotel and request a room in our block (not only will you receive a lower rate, but the room will be applied to ARSC's total pick up and benefit our organization).

I would also encourage people to call the hotel directly using the toll free reservation number (800) 345-9285 and group code 0517ARSC, since the online portal is a little clunky.

Brenda Nelson-Strauss
ARSC Conference Manager
812-855-7530