ARSCLIST  June 2017

ARSCLIST June 2017

Re: CTEA 2018: it's coming

Paul Jackson <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 12 Jun 2017 11:15:49 -0700

2018 is when many works of 1923 will become public domain as there are
no additional extensions available.

A work that was first copyrighted on April 10, 1923, and renewed between
April 10, 1950, and April 10, 1951, would formerly have fallen into the
public domain after April 10, 1979. The current law extends this
copyright through the end of 2018. These second-term copyrights cannot
be renewed again. Under the law, their extension to the maximum 95-year
term is automatic and requires no action in the Copyright Office.