FW: topoView -- new interface!

"Nolan, Jacqueline" <[log in to unmask]>

Geospatial Hosting Environment <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 12 Jun 2017 10:56:17 +0000

Please note the release of an update to the USGS topoview interface:

-----Original Message-----
From: DMT 2018 - Digital Mapping Techniques [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David R Soller
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 2:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: topoView -- new interface!

Hi folks -

We've just released a major update to the topoView interface (https://ngmdb.usgs.gov/topoview/ -- click "Get Maps").  We based the updates on user suggestions gathered over this past year or two, and the result is a much simpler interface for finding, viewing, and downloading maps in the USGS Historical Topographic Map Collection.  And functionality on mobile devices is improved…  Our next step will be to provide access to the modern, US Topo collection.

Please have a look!  We really value your opinion, so if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please send them our way, using the Comments form (icon in lower left corner of interface).  I sincerely thank two talented NGMDB members, Chris Garrity and Rob Wardwell, for putting this interface together and providing access to the maps in multiple formats.

Enjoy your Summer!

Dave

Geoscience resource for maps and related data http://ngmdb.usgs.gov/

* BEFORE REPLYING, PLEASE DECIDE WHETHER YOU WISH ALL DMT LISTSERV MEMBERS TO RECEIVE YOUR REPLY OR ONLY THE INDIVIDUAL POSTING THE MESSAGE.  THE LISTSERV IS SET UP TO SEND YOUR REPLY AUTOMATICALLY TO THE ENTIRE GROUP, SO YOU SHOULD CHANGE THE "TO"
ADDRESS TO AN INDIVIDUAL ADDRESS IF YOU DO NOT WISH THE ENTIRE GROUP TO RECEIVE THE REPLY. *