ARSCLIST  August 2017

ARSCLIST August 2017

Re: Transferring LPs at 78 RPM

"6295LARGE ." <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 9 Aug 2017 14:44:58 -0400

Hi Gary

I'm using a Stanton 500 on a Technics Quartz SL1200 MKII.
I'm recording it into a high quality Sound Blaster card using Sound Forge 9.
Then I reduce the pitch by 15 half-tones.
The file is then saved as an MP3.

I'm sure some loss is inherent but can the average ear(s) detect it?

Thank you.

Regards,
BR