Help for LOCCFB Archives

LOCCFB Archives

LOCCFB@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

LOCCFB Home

LOCCFB  September 2017

LOCCFB September 2017

Request -- Letters About LITTLE WOMEN in past LALs?

Sharon Shaloo, MCB <[log in to unmask]>

Center for the Book state centers communication <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 18:24:58 -0400

Dear All,

I'm unclear how many of us are still getting mail via this listserv, and will also message people through the FB page for State Centers, but thought this was worth a try.  (Andrea if you get two I bcc'd you on this note because you've reported problems in past!).

I've been in touch with WGBH here in Boston on a number of subjects, and in the course of the talks Letters About Literature came up.  They are interested in the program.  Specifically, they would like to see any letters that are being written about LITTLE WOMEN in the program.

This year marks the 150th anniversary of LITTLE WOMEN, and they will be doing a special about it on Masterpiece Theater in the Spring.  They are thinking that they could read some letters in spots as teasers leading up to the run date ... and maybe read some during the run.  (I'm not sure how many parts the special encompasses.)

At any rate, I was thinking that these would be letters from this year's program (and they could be) but Kathy McGuigan had the idea that we might be able to find an adequate number of letters from past years of LAL.

She is going to have her intern look through the JOURNEYS book.  I am going to check my own archive of letters ... and I wonder if all of you could check your archives to see if any LITTLE WOMEN letters were recognized in past LALs?  If we can cobble together I good sample of 5 to 7 or so letters, I can volunteer to get the permissions releases signed with all families (provided you have the contact info!).

If we don't have enough, then we'll move to a Plan B.

This would be a great promo for our program in the Masterpiece Theater viewership, so it's a great opportunity that I hope we can act on.

thanks for digging into your records!

Respond to me privately at [log in to unmask]

Cheers,

Sharon

Sharon Shaloo, Executive Director
Massachusetts Center for the Book