The Membership Committee of the Association for Recorded Sound Collections
(ARSC) posts the following message.
On behalf of ARSC, we’d like to thank you for your participation in the
ARSClist this year. Your contributions have created an incredibly valuable
resource for the field.
We invite you to build on this contribution by becoming a member of ARSC in
2018. Membership dues are $45 per calendar year for individuals and $20 for
students, and membership entitles you to the many benefits listed below.
As an ARSC member, you will receive the following benefits:
- Semiannual *ARSC Journal*, containing articles relating to recorded
sound history and preservation, as well as discographies, reviews of books
and sound recordings, and bibliographies of related articles in other
- Three issues of the *ARSC Newsletter*, containing timely coverage of
ARSC activities and including member advertisements and research
- Discounted registration for the ARSC conference and pre-conference
workshop in Baltimore, Maryland in May 2018
- Access to the *ARSC Membership Directory*, listing members’ contact
information, collecting areas, publications, and research interests
- Access to sound recordings of conference sessions and workshops, 1979
to 2011, with 2012-2017 recordings *available* *only to ARSC members*
- Eligibility to advertise goods and services in the *ARSC Audio
Preservation & Restoration Directory*
- 10% discount on all advertisements in ARSC publications
- Eligibility to participate in ARSC governance, committees, and chapters
Join now and you will be included in the mailing of the fall issues of the
ARSC Journal and ARSC Newsletter. *Note:* International members may now
choose a digital subscription option to avoid postage surcharge.
Please join or renew online and pay securely by credit card or PayPal:
www.arsc-audio.org/join.html. Or you may print and mail a membership form
ARSC is a non-profit organization, managed by volunteer members, that
shares your serious interest in recorded sound collections.
Chair, ARSC Membership Committee